Minutes of the meeting of theDundalk Cycling Alliance
29th April 2015
- Liam, Tony, Ollan and Fiona with apologies from Nadia and Pat.
The minutes of the 25th March 2015 meeting were read. Tony proposed and Fiona seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- There were no matters arising.
- Tony confirmed that the minutes were on the website.
- Fiona reported that the financial position had not changed. And gave a cheque for €30 to Ollan to cover his expenses incurred in attending a meeting of Cycling.ie on behalf of the DCA.
6/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes
- Ollan met an official of Louth CoCo and outlined ideas for the improvement of the Dundalk Cycling Lane network. This meeting was in lieu of the meeting that he and Liam were supposed to have with the same official.
7/ Cooley Cycle Route
- Laim said the a group of pupils from O’Fiaigh College, Dundalk had gone to Carlingford and used the cycle lane to Omeath. To his knowledge this was the first school group to officially use the cycle lane.
- Tony reported on the sums of money that the NMDDC were making available for the construction on the Middle Bank as far as the weir on the Middle Bank.
- The next meeting of the DCA will discuss the next phase of this North South collaboration project.
- Fiona and Ollan agreed to ask a local Cooley based Councillor for his active involvement in extending the Cooley Cycle Lane north and south.
- Liam agreed to ask a Dundalk based Councillor for his active involvement in extending the cycle lane along the Castletown River in the direction of Bellurgan along the route of the disused railway line.
9/ Next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 20th May 2015 in Liam’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.