Minutes of the meeting of the Dundalk Cycling Alliance
25th February 2015
- Liam, Tony, Ollan, Pat and Fiona.
The minutes of the 21st Jan 2015 meeting were read. Pat proposed and Tony seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- There were no matters arising.
- Tony reported no change.
- Councillor Mark Dearey ( The Green Party) has donated €300 to the DCA. Fiona will send Councillor Dearey a letter thanking him for the donation.
6/ Cooley Cycle Route
- It was noted that N&MDC has been successful in allocating money to start the Middle Bank project.
- Progress was also noted in attempts to source funding for the extension of the project into ROI towards Omeath.
- Ollan suggested that he and Liam meet Barry Woods of LCC in relation to Interreg Funding for the Cooley Cycle Lane.
7/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes
- The meeting hoped that LCC could prepare cycle lane routes in Dundalk which can be classified as shovel ready to take advantage of funding becoming available.
- Liam thanked Pat for his email about the proposed cycle lane form Drogheda to the Bru Na Boinne site.
- Tony pointed out the need for more signs to show where cycle lanes were. These cost approximately €200 installed.
- Ollan said that Tony’s map of Dundalk Cycle lanes modelled on the London Tube Map had been emailed to the LCC.
9/ Next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 25th March 2015 in Liam’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.