Minutes of the meeting of the Dundalk Cycling Alliance
21st January 2015
- Liam, Tony, Ollan and Pat. With apologies from Nadia and Fiona.
The minutes of the 10th Dec 2014 meeting were read. Tony proposed and Ollan seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- Ollan agreed to invite a new member to join the DCA.
- Tony reported no change.
- Liam gave a tax clearance certificate and a bank statement to Ollan to be forwarded to Fiona.
6/ Cooley Cycle Route
- A joint application from Louth CoCo and the N&MDC may be made to connect Cooley to the cycle lane near Newry.
7/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes
- Ollan will give a copy of his submission to some members of Louth CoCo with reference to including cycle lanes in the Louth county development plan.
- A Drogheda group is anxious to connect Drogheda to the Bru na Boinne Interpretation Centre.
- A local TD is seeking funds to link the Navvy bank in Dundalk to Blackrock by a cycle lane via the embankment behind the rifle range. Blackrock Tidy Towns will be approached to meet the members of the DCA over coffee with a view to obtaining their help in lobbying for a cycle lane to join Blackrock to Dundalk.
9/ Next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 25th February 2015 in Liam’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.