Minutes of the meeting of the Dundalk Cycling Alliance
- Liam, Tony, Ollan and Fiona with apologies from Nadia and Pat.
The minutes of the 25th Feb 2015 meeting were read. Fiona proposed and Tony seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- There were no matters arising.
- Tony reported no change.
- Fiona confirmed that €300 donated by Councillor Mark Dearey had been deposited to the account.
6/ Cooley Cycle Route
- Tony outlined developments in NM&DDC (Newry, Mourne and Down District Council) relating to the Middle Bank Project and its relevance to the Great Eastern Cycle Way.
- Liam and Ollan will meet with an official of Louth Co. Council to lobby for preparation of shovel ready projects in relation to Cooley and Dundalk Cycle lanes. They will press for the Cooley route from Carlingford to Dundalk initially and then for the costal route from Dundalk south to Dublin. They will stress the need for signage every 500metres on the Costal Route where the cyclists may be cycling on some of the quiet costal roads south of Dundalk.
- Liam and Ollan will stress the need for preparation for Interreg funding to expand the Dundalk, Cooley and Louth Costal cycle lane network when they meet the Council official. They will also stress that talks should commence with Meath Co. Council with the view to extend the Great Eastern Cycle Way south to Dublin along the coast.
7/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes
- The meeting agreed that an approach be made to the Green Schools Office with a view to encouraging pupils to make more use of the existing cycle lanes in Dundalk.
- Ollan attended a meeting of Cycling.ie in Dublin on behalf of the DCA.
9/ Next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 29th April 2015 in Liam’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.