Minutes of the meeting of the Dundalk Cycling Alliance
20th August 2014
- Tony, Nadia, Fiona, Pat, Ollan and Laim. With apologies from Nadia
The minutes of the 9th July 2014 meeting were read. Pat proposed and Fiona seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- Pat reported on the visit to S Roach about the cycle routes arising in Louth. Fiona read a letter to be sent to councillors.
- Tony gave a report on the website.
- Tony proposed and Ollan seconded that Fiona be reimbursed for the postage for the letters to the councillors.
6/ T. & C.B.M.S.P. committee
- Liam will contact a council official about his inclusion on this committee.
7/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes
- Ollan read an e-mail he sent to a council official on the need to have shovel ready proposals for additional cycle routes.
8/ Cooley Cycle Routes
- Ollan gave a report on progress in relation to the Cooley Cycle Route.
- Tony requested that an approach be made to a budget supermarket in relation to ameliorating the affects of the speed humps that they have recently installed at the entrance to their carpark to improve the safety of cyclists approaching their premises.
10/ Next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 24th September 2014 in Liam’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.