Minutes of the meeting of the Dundalk Cycling Alliance
10th December 2014
- Tony, Fiona, Ollan and Padraig. With apologies from Nadia, Pat and Liam.
The minutes of the 19th Nov 2014 meeting were read. Fiona proposed and Ollan seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- The meeting proposed that Tony takes the chair tonight in Liam’s absence.
- Padraig Mc Kevitt from Carlingford was welcomed to the meeting. Padraig is a new member of the Transport and Cross Border Matters Strategic Policy Sub Committee of the Louth CoCo.
- Tony reported no change.
- Fiona said that she recently viewed the site and was complementary about it.
- No change.
- Fiona to follow up by phone the councillors that she has already contacted by mail.
6/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes & Cooley Cycle Routes
- A long discussion was held to brief Padraig on the DCA’s approach to the Dundalk cycle lanes, the Cooley Cycle Routes and the cross border activities in conjunction with the N&M DC.
- Tony reported that he had attended a meeting in the N&MDC offices in support of the N&MDC application to the Big Lotto funding for the Newry Canal Centre Bank project.
- Ollan has repaired a submission to the Louth CoCo Draft County Development Plan. This submission was reviewed and suggestions for improvement of the submission were made.
- A short discussion was held on encouraging Louth CoCo to have shovel ready projects prepared in the event of small funding becoming available from any source.
- Ollan suggested that the Tesco planning process be reviewed in the light of possible non adherence to the procedures.
14/ Next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 21st January 2015 in Liam’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.