Minutes of the meeting of the Dundalk Cycling Alliance
19th November 2014
- Tony, Fiona, Ollan Pat and Laim. With apologies from Nadia.
The minutes of the 15th Oct 2014 meeting were read. Ollan proposed and Fiona seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- Ollan asked for a change to the agenda which was accepted.
- Ollan will be on the Planning and Infrastructure Subcommittee of the LCC.
- Padraig McKevitt will be on the Transport and Cross Border Matters Strategic Policy Sub Committee.
5/ Dublin Cycling.ie
- Ollan gave a report on the meeting of the Dublin Cycling.ie which he attended.
6/ Louth Cycling Forum
- Tony proposed and Pat seconded that Liam represents the DCA on the Louth Cycling Forum, if it is established and if the DCA is invited to send a representative.
7/ Co. Louth Development Plan
- Ollan outlined a draft of his submission to the LCC in relation to the Louth County Development plan.
8/ Agenda 21
- Ollan described what Agenda 21 may do.
- Tony reported that there was no change on the website.
- Fiona paid €34.80 to Ollan on the proposal of Liam, seconded by Pat the payment of covered Ollan’s expenses for attending the meeting in Dublin of Cycling.ie.
11/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes
- Ollans Submission on the County Devolvement Plan will address the needs of the Dundalk Cycle Lane network.
12/ Cooley Cycle Routes
- Tony reported on his conversations with the RoW officer of the M&NDC outlining the progress the M&NDC is making on preparations for the work on the Newry Canal Centre Bank project.
- Padraig Mc Kevitt will be invited to the next meeting of the DCA.
14/ Next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 10th December 2014 in Liam’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.