Minutes of the meeting of the
Dundalk Cycling Alliance
12th August 2015
- Tony, Nadia and Ollan with apologies Laim.
- It was agreed that in Laim’s absence that Tony would chair the meeting.
The minutes of the 1st July 2015 meeting were read. Ollan proposed and Nadia seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- Nadia explained the work that she and Andrew had done on the website.
- A good discussion was had with suggestions for improvements were made.
- It was decided to hold the next meeting in Tony’s house next month to facilitate the review the site.
- No report was given.
6/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes
- Ollan gave an interview to the journalist Alan Caufield. He emphasised that the challenge is the school routes.
- Discussed the discontinuity in planning for the schools between Transport and Education departments specifically the new school in Blackrock.
- The new Marist School will have a traffic separated cycle way on St Mary’s road.
- Ollan sent an email to LCC about connecting to Ard Leathan.
- Tony to see Eamon in early September regarding Shovel ready projects.
7/ Cooley Cycle Route
- Proposal re Interreg 5 funding and cooperation with M&NDDC and modal shift discussed. The planed route is from the centre of Carlingford to Portadown. We are still waiting for the call for proposals from Intereg 5 funding.
- Olan showed us a map of Co. Clare which showed the cycle routes prepared by the Shannon Regional Development. The question was asked as to why we do not have the same for the Louth area.
9/ Next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 9th September 2015 in Tony’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.