Minutes of the meeting of the
Dundalk Cycling Alliance
12th June 2019
- Because Liam had another commitment this meeting was held in Tony’s house and Tony chaired the meeting.
- Tony, Pat M, Ollan and Sorcha with apologies from Liam.
- The minutes of
the May 2019 meeting were read.
- Sorcha proposed and
- Pat M seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- Tony to discuss with Liam any meetings to be held with non DCA members before the next meeting.
- There was no correspondence.
- There was no finance report at this meeting.
- There was no change.
7/ Great Eastern Greenway Extension – Cooley Cycle Lane
- A discussion on the potential necessity of CPOs because of problems with certain land owners was discussed.
- Sorcha mentioned the cycle-ability audit that she performed with St Oliver’s School in Carlingford on the proposed route of the new Greenway through Carlingford.
- One option that is being considered is to expand the 30 km per hour region in the village.
8/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes
Ø Ollan to forward to the members of the DCA the proposals for Dublin St Bridge that he recently sent in to Louth CoCo.
Ø Ollan is planning to have further discussion with other members of the engineering team in Louth CoCo.
- There was a
discussion on the government’s proposal on climate change.
- Unfortunately because Dundalk is not a city we may not see the full benefit of the meagre proposals that the government has made.
- Currently there is only a 1-2% spend in this area and we need a 10% spend to see a significant modal shift.
10/ Next meeting
- The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 17th July 2019 in Liam’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.