In Liam’s absence it was agreed that Tony would Chair this meeting.
- Ollan, Tony, Pat M, and Fiona with apologies from Liam and Sorcha.
- The minutes of
the January 2019 meeting were read.
- Ollan proposed and
- Pat M seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- The meeting scheduled for the 6th March was postponed until today.
- There was no correspondence.
- Ollan received a communication from Louth CoCo telling us that we will be receiving a donation of €200 from Councillor Mark Deary’s allocation.
- Fiona confirmed that Louth CoCo have been notified of our new banking arrangements.
- Tony reported that arrangements have been made to pay for this year’s maintenance of the website.
- Post meeting note – on 18th April 2019 the payment was delivered.
7/ Great Eastern Greenway Extension – Cooley Cycle Lane
- Tony reported that he had been to an open night in Carlingford regarding the new Cycle Way which was hosted by Louth CoCo and their appointed consultants.
8/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes
Ø Ollan reported that he had attended a meeting of Cycling.ie.
o There has been a change in direction in Cycling.ie.
o He gave them a report on our progress in the DCA.
o Cycling.ie is having a meeting tonight the 17th April in Buswells Hotel, opposite the Dáil, to which senior politicians have been invited. They are requesting that 10% of the national roads budget be allocated to cycling on health grounds.
Ø NetwellCASALA is to receive 2 motor assist tricycles for the use of residents in their projects here in Dundalk.
Ø At the request of a member of Louth CoCo Ollan forwarded our previous submissions to them regarding our suggestions for Dublin St. Bridge.
Ø Ollan was also in contact with a member of Louth CoCo regarding cycle lanes on the Long Walk Refurbishment project.
- There was no AOB.
10/ Next meeting
- The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 15th May 2019 in Liam’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.