Minutes of the meeting of the Dundalk Cycling Alliance
24th September 2014
- Tony, Nadia, Fiona, Ollan and Laim. With apologies from Nadia and Pat.
The minutes of the 24th A 2014 meeting were read. Ollan proposed and Tony seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- Fiona confirmed that she had sent letters to the councillors and that postage amounted to €22.25.
- Tony reported that there was no change on the website.
- There was no change in relation to the finance.
6/ Speed Humps
- Tony advised which speed humps were impeding cycling..
7/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes
- Ollan advised cycle lane needs in relation to Clanbrassil Street, York Street, Gael Scoil Cuchulain, DkIT to DkIT Sport. Laim will advise LCC of a cycle lane to link the Red Barns Road cycle lane to Blackrock.
8/ Cooley Cycle Routes
- The N&MDC is seeking a grant for the Middle Bank Cycle Lane. It is hoped that this will ling to the recently completed Cycle lane from Omeath to Carlingford. Bush Primary School would benefit from a cycle lane to Carlingford using part of the former railway line.
- Tony read an e-mail form the Dublin Cycling Campaign.
10/ Next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 15th October 2014 in Liam’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.