Minutes of the meeting of the
Dundalk Cycling Alliance
9th January 2019
- Ollan, Tony, Pat M, Fiona, Sorcha Liam and Barry.
- The minutes of
the November 2018 meeting were read.
- Tony proposed and
- Fiona seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- Liam sent a letter to Louth CoCo which supported putting a cycle lane and footpath on top of the embankment. This would be cost effective if done in conjunction with planned upgrade of the flood defences there.
- Sorcha sent a letter to Louth CoCo on behalf of the Green Schools on the same topic.
- Fiona confirmed that the BOI had closed the account of the DCA.
- Tony said that no change had been made to the website.
7/ Great Eastern Greenway Extension – Cooley Cycle Lane
- Liam advised
that he had a long conversation with Councillor Emma Coffey of Louth CoCo.
- The status of the application for the construction of the green way from Carlingford to Drogheda was discussed.
- Liam reported that she was impressed by the presentation that Tony had made to the Subcommittee of Louth CoCo.
- Liam said that he would invite her to the February meeting of the DCA.
8/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes
Ø Ollan will prepare a list of points about cycle lanes in Dundalk to be presented to Councillor Emma Coffey.
- There was no AOB.
10/ Next meeting
- The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 6th February 2019 in Liam’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.