Minutes of the meeting of the Dundalk Cycling Alliance
27th May 2014
Liam, Tony, Fiona, Pat, Nadia and Ollan.
The minutes of the 9th April 2014 meeting were read. Tony proposed and Ollan seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
All matters arising will be covered in the agenda.
- Ollan and Fiona gave reports on the seminar that they had attended on behalf of the DCA.
- Tony Will contact a representative of Sustrans.
- Ollan will supply details of the official of the Department of Transport who attended the seminar with the intention of strengthening our DoT links.
Nadia offered to prepare a video for the website.
- There were no changes to the finances.
- Ollan and Nadia will contact the councillors for a contribution to the DCA.
- Tony presented a map of the Dundalk Cycle Lanes in the style of London Tube Map.
- The DCA thanked Tony for his work in devising the map and the accompanying signage.
8/ Cycle Routes
Pat and Liam will call to Bord Fáilte office in Dundalk to request that Bord Fáilte publish a series of cycle route maps in Louth. Pat has prepared two samples of cycle trips.
9/ Press Release
Liam will prepare a press release at the time of the opening of the Greer’s Quay phase of the Cooley Cycle Route.
The was no AOB.
11/ Next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 16th June 2014 in Liam’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.