Minutes of the meeting of the
Dundalk Cycling Alliance
17th July 2019
- Tony, Liam, Pat M, Pat K and Ollan with apologies from Fiona.
- The minutes of
the June 2019 meeting were read.
- Ollan proposed and
- Pat M seconded their adoption.
- They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- Tony clarified the position regarding the Councillor.
- He outlined his response on proposed climate change strategy which he forwarded to the council.
- The sole item was Tony’s email re climate change.
- There was no finance report at this meeting.
- There was no change.
7/ Great Eastern Greenway Extension – Cooley Cycle Lane
- The next meeting will be held in Carlingford. Padraig will arrange the date and place.
- Tony will give an audio visual presentation at the meeting.
- The meeting will be open to the public and follow the format of the one held in the Clermont in Blackrock.
8/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes
Ø Ollan expressed his disappointment at the slow pace of urban cycle lane development in Dundalk.
Ø Pat K and Liam will approach the secondary schools in Dundalk and ask their transition year students to:
o Work out a route connecting their school to an area where many of the pupils live.
o Inform their local councillors about their view to obtaining council support for providing the cycle lanes the pupils are advocating.
Ø One of the members of the DCA will be asked to do some work on local radio on relation to Dundalk Cycle Lanes.
- Ollan and Pat M will write to the Irish Times regarding the Governments proposal on Climate Change.
10/ Next meeting
next meeting will be held on
- Wednesday 28th August 2019
- Carlingford Old Railway Station.
- From 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.