Minutes of the meeting of the Dundalk Cycling Alliance
5th Feb 2014
Liam, Tony, Fiona and Ollan with apologies from Nadia and Pat.
The minutes of the December 2013 meeting were read. Ollan proposed and Tony seconded their adoption. They were duly adopted and signed.
3/ Matters arising
- The meeting spent a minute in silent prayer on the death of Ollan’s father.
- Tony read an email which he had sent to Cyclist.ie.
- Tony went through the presentation for the Transportation and Cross Border Matters Strategic Policy Committee.
Tony outlined the changes coming in the website.
There were no changes to the finances.
6/ Cooley Cycle Lanes
Fiona reported that many Costal Roads had been eroded in the recent storms and this would have implications for the routes for cycle lanes. If repairs works are undertaken to these eroded roads it would be wise to incorporate the provision for cycle lanes with the repair works.
7/ Dundalk Cycle Lanes
- Ollan outlined a conversation he had with an official of Sustainable Energy Ireland in relation to Dundalk Cycle Lanes.
- Tony spoke of ways to involve private sector in the provision of cycle lanes.
- Ollan read a submission he had sent to the Louth CoCo. The submission outlined an extension of cycle lanes to Hackballscross.
- The meeting agreed that Liam should invite an appropriate TV personality to the April meeting of the DCA.
- Liam gave a report on the last meeting of the Transportation and Cross Border Matters Strategic Policy Committee which he attended. He also advised that the committee would hear Tony’s presentation at their next meeting.
9/ Next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 5/3/2014 in Liam’s home from 20:00 to 21:30 hrs.